- A PC Maintenance Tech is responsible for performing tasks which require touching the desktop.
- Given that this position physically interfaces with the customer, a professional, courteous demeanor is required in all circumstances.
- A PC Maintenance Tech must possess excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette.
- Above average ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Must be decisive, conscientious and interact well in a team environment or training capacity.
- Have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment.
- Must provide a high level of interfacing with co- workers and communicate effectively with the clients, IT personnel and management.
- Provide direct customer service and technical support to users as required via phone, e-mail, on-line systems and in person.
- Provide professional and personal assistance to clients in answering inquiries, locating information and analyzing technical requirements at a moment’s notice, sometimes in very stressful situations
- Provide desk-side information technology support to U.S. Army war- fighter customers/users at a military installation
- Provide professional and prompt responses to users for problem resolution, in person, verbally and in writing.
- Must correspond professionally and promptly with co-workers and supervisors, in person, verbally and in writing
- Must be able to interface with individuals and military/civilian professionals at all levels of the organization
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to work independently
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others
- A PC Maintenance Tech’s main technology emphasis should be to:
- Configure and install PCs, network printing devices, peripherals and software, including physical attachment of equipment to network
- Install and maintain peripheral equipment such as printers, modems, scanners, etc.
- Familiarity and expertise in various operating systems (Windows 10, Windows 7, etc.)
- Familiarity and expertise in mobile devices (blackberries, Apple IOS, Android, etc.)
- Familiarity and expertise in business applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe products and/or customer-defined/Army application suites.
- Install, configure and maintain network applications and application distribution systems
- Ensure system security in compliance with customer policy including virus protection
- Implement and maintain network standards and guidelines
- Utilize tools sets such as Symantec Ghost, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, etc.
- Operate audio/visual equipment such as Video Teleconferencing devices, projectors, and presentation hardware.
- Maintain skill set required to do job • Maintain an awareness of trends within the technology industry, researching and testing to determine how they could be implemented within the organization.
- Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned
- Awareness of Army compliance requirements, such as AR 25-2, Security Technical Information Guidelines, and RMF process.
- Update systems with IAVA updates and anti- virus updates
- Activities will be directed, monitored, outlined and supervised by a more senior-level technician and/or Project Manager.
- Receives initial instructions, equipment requirement, and advice from supervisor as needed.
- Performs recurring work independently.
- Work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions.
- A PC Maintenance Tech will at times be responsible for training junior technicians in troubleshooting/repair/maintenance of PC hardware, troubleshooting/installing software on PCs, and use and maintenance of PC operating systems.
- A PC Maintenance Tech will be familiar with desktop operating systems, office applications, hardware, installation/troubleshooting and have some knowledge of network operating systems and hardware.
- A PC Maintenance Tech will need advice and/or expertise from a higher-level technician at times.
- A PC Maintenance Tech may participate in special projects and tasks in a technical capacity.
- Four years relevant experience OR 2 years relevant experience and an Associate’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field.
- CompTIA Security+ certification earned before 2011 with enrollment in their Continuing Education program OR a CompTIA Security+ certification earned on or after 1 January 2011 with automatic enrollment in their Continuing Education program AND at least one additional related computing environment (desktop OS) certification.
- Examples: MCITP (Enterprise Desktop Support Technician), A+, MCDST, MCP or HDI Desktop Support Technician
- The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance and the ability to obtain unescorted access to work areas on a military installation.